Contributions of food and essential items to replenish the pantries of four Westwood charities will be accepted from 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Saturday, June 13, in the parking lot at the corner of Harrison Ave. and Urwiler Ave.
The “Westwood for Westwood” Food Drive supports the work of My Neighbor’s Place, 3150 Harrison Ave., Cincinnati Urban Promise, 2420 Harrison Ave., WestFed Food Pantry, 3628 Boudinot Ave. and Third Presbyterian Church, 3358 McHenry Ave.
“This is a time to help our neighbors in need of food and other essentials during the school and business closures related to the novel Corona virus,” said Leslie Rich, executive director of Westwood Works.
Items especially needed include:
• Spaghetti, any kind of pasta, noodles
• Spaghetti sauce (can, not glass jar if possible)
• Vegetables: corn, potatoes, green beans, green peas, carrots, mixed vegetables
• Canned Fruits: mixed fruit also known as fruit cocktail, peaches, pears
• Soups: chicken noodle, tomato, vegetable, cream of chicken, cream of mushroom
• Pork and Beans or beans and franks
• Spaghetti and Meatballs, Spaghettios, ravioli
• Beef Stew, canned meals
• Peanut Butter
• Jelly (in plastic if possible)
• Pre-packaged breakfast foods (granola bars, cereal, Pop-Tarts)
• Toilet Paper, Paper Towels, Feminine Hygiene Products
• Hand Sanitizer and Disinfectant
The Westwood for Westwood Food Drive is a joint effort of Westwood Works, My Neighbor’s Place, Cincinnati Urban Promise, St James Episcopal Church – Cincinnati and the Westwood Community Urban Redevelopment Corporation (WestCURC).